The Cancer Support Community is a national non-profit organization that provides support, education and hope to people with cancer and their loved ones. The Cancer Support Community often partners with corporations on events, programs and educational initiatives and has developed the following policy to guide and more clearly define our partnerships in the corporate arena.
- Grants from corporations for projects and educational programs are unrestricted educational grants. While we welcome input from our corporate partners, The Cancer Support Community has ultimate authority over program development, content and speaker selection.
- Any selected or recommended speakers will be required to disclose their relationship with the corporate partner.
- The Cancer Support Community does not endorse any medical product, treatment protocol or service or provide medical advice to patients. In addition, The Cancer Support Community does not link from its website to any product-specific websites.
- All information presented in materials and at programs will be presented in fair balance.
- Any corporate partner wishing to reference The Cancer Support Community or any Cancer Support Community project in any public relations, marketing or promotional materials or activities, must first seek the prior review and written approval of The Cancer Support Community.
- The Cancer Support Community reserves the right to approve the participation of third parties that may be recommended for involvement in any program, project or event.
- The Cancer Support Community does not enter into exclusive partnerships on any topic area or cancer type.
- The Cancer Support Community does not sell its mailing list or provide its mailing list directly to any corporate partners.
- All materials and programs developed by The Cancer Support Community are the property of The Cancer Support Community, must carry The Cancer Support Community copyright, and as such, cannot be changed, modified or duplicated without prior written permission from The Cancer Support Community.
Information that is gathered from visitors
In common with other websites, log files are stored on the web server saving details such as the visitor's IP address, browser type, referring page and time of visit.
Cookies may be used to remember visitor preferences when interacting with the website.
Where registration is required, the visitor's email and a username will be stored on the server.
How the Information is used
The information is used to enhance the vistor's experience when using the website to display personalised content and possibly advertising.
E-mail addresses will not be sold, rented or leased to 3rd parties.
E-mail may be sent to inform you of news of our services or offers by us or our affiliates.
If you have subscribed to one of our services, you may unsubscribe by following the instructions which are included in e-mail that you receive.
You may be able to block cookies via your browser settings but this may prevent you from access to certain features of the website.
Cookies are small digital signature files that are stored by your web browser that allow your preferences to be recorded when visiting the website. Also they may be used to track your return visits to the website.